Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Just Having Fun
Senior MemberPosts: 3,869
Like?
It REALLY could have been me.
Jul 21, 2013

When I was a teen I was a star on the football and wrestling teams.  I felt invincible and not a stranger to confrontations, defending my self or fights.  I never did anything illegal except for a little under-age drinking like the majority of my high school.

If I were walking home from the convenience store (like I often did - slim jims were my vice) on a rainy evening and some stranger was following me, I would NOT have thought twice about confronting him (i'd feel threatened), especially if he left his car to keep following me.   I would have no doubt that if he said the wrong thing, I would have pushed him or even punched him (teenagers feel invincible) .  And if he pulled I gun I would have fought for my life doing whatever it took to get him to drop the gun.

I might be dead too for doing nothing illegal except being a teenager.

It sickens me that today these things happen, and it is NOT going to stop anytime soon.  Anytime someone gets shot and killed and there is no witness, a simple self-defense argument will get them off scott-free.   No one would have died in the Zimmerman case if he would have listened to the police and the neighborhood watch program and not carried a gun on patrol.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOL!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow