Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,258Gear list
Like?
FZ200 Night Focus problem
Jul 21, 2013

I went on a photo shoot last night to try some night shooting. I plan to post what I think are some of my better experiments later. However, towards the end of the excursion I ran into this bird. He was standing pretty still, waiting for some fisherman to offer him a snack, so I decided to see what a long exposure would look like.

I tried many different shots and even tried manaul focus and I could not get the closer version in focus. When I reviewed them at home I realized that what I saw in the LCD is not what the camera took. For the purposes of this shot I just put the bird right in the middle of the frame but as you will see that is not how the photo turned out. It did that for each of the close ups I took.

Any idea what I was doing wrong?

-- hide signature --

Florida

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow