Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
idillic
Regular MemberPosts: 122Gear list
Like?
Sigma Merrill + Pentax 645D
Jul 21, 2013

I have a DP1M, DP2M and an Sd1M with several lenses - I love them all and I am able to get very good image quality from all of them.

The other day I bought a Pentax 645D 40MP medium format camera with 5 lenses.  It was a bit of an impulse buy, but the early results with it suggest the image quality one gets is at a whole new level. Although it does not have the freakish pixel sharpness you get from a foveon sensor, the high resolution sensor, plus the really excellent lenses produce wonderful high quality results that are just not possible from the Sigmas.  It is also brilliantly simple to use.

However, I expect I will still keep using the Sigmas - one thing the Pentax does not do is fit in my coat pocket!  The DP1 & 2Ms do - and i still take take them everywhere.

idillic's gear list:idillic's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Pentax 645D Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +8 more
Pentax 645D Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow