Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Meyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,355Gear list
Like?
Re: Got my GH3 today
In reply to Mahmoud Mousef, Jul 21, 2013

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

Just as an aside:

The viewfinder on my DMC-G2 (exactly the same as the DMC-G1) was the biggest let-down to me. I remember it as the one big disappointment I had with the camera after trying it for the first time. Noisy in low-light, laggy in low-light. My impressions of it were very negative (and still are). I remember thinking to myself that the reviewers who bragged about it...their impressions were the opposite of mine.

In the respects you mention, the GH3 is much, much better. It's the optics between the eye and the screen that are the problem. I suspect the issue is caused by Panasonic's decision to put a 16:9 screen in there. In order to make that viewable in essentially the same size package as the GH2's viewfinder, they needed to use wide-angle lenses, which is where the distortion comes from.

Bob Meyer's gear list:Bob Meyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow