RX100M2 Petition for Minimum shutter speed, should I bother?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
newellj
Contributing MemberPosts: 643
Like?
Re: RX100M2 Petition for Minimum shutter speed, should I bother?
In reply to elliottnewcomb, 9 months ago

elliottnewcomb wrote:

newellj wrote:

My take on this general issue ever since I bought a brand new Leica R5 at introduction (lotsa years ago) was to shoot in P and shift the program. Yeah, I know, real photographers shoot full M and wannabes shoot A and complete idiots shoot P. ehhhh, not. Shooting in P gives me a floor of sorts on shutter speed and I can keep track of the choices the camera is making and shift aperture/shutter speed to suit my judgment about what I want and what I can get out of an exposure.

In this regard, I do agree that the RX100 seems to be optimistic about minimum shutter speeds, but in its favor the minimalist display is both informative and not too obtrusive, and shifting the program is dead-easy.

Worth a try if you otherwise like the camera?

I am interested, but I don't quite understand P shift. Will you give me some understanding and how to use it please?

Thanks

Elliott

With the mode set to P, if you rotate the rear wheel you can "shift" the program-set values to increase the shutter speed/open the aperture (or slow the shutter speed/close the aperture).  I usually have my display set to show the exposure data on the bottom of the frame, and you can see the aperture and shutter speed combination change.  The camera's metered EV remains the same.  Freebie: if you've toggled AEL, this display will show an * on the right hand side of the info bar on the bottom of the LCD.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
thxNew
thxNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow