Asked by the bride to photoshop former Communist Dictator into a photograph...

Started Jul 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Evil Genius
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Asked by the bride to photoshop former Communist Dictator into a photograph...
Jul 20, 2013

I've been asked to do something very strange that makes me extremely uncomfortable. I don't usually shoot weddings and I'm still at school but I needed some cash so I shot for this russian family. We agreed that I would shoot their wedding and then do some extensive retouching on a "main" photo of their choosing and just normal color and tone correction on the other selected images. I guess I didn't know what I was getting myself into because the bride has asked me to photoshop her dead grandparents and Joseph Stalin into the shot where she is standing with her family and the groom's family. Apparently she is a descendant of Stalin and insists on having him in the frame.

It's something that I could do technically but morally this is just wrong, what would you do in my place? Do I have a right to say no? Should I just photoshop one of the most evil men in history into the picture, a communist dictator when we know that communists killed even more people than the Nazis? How would you react if someone asked you to photoshop a photograph so that it looks like they are standing next to Hitler/Stalin/Bin Laden/etc?

I told her I felt uncomfortable doing this and that by retouching I meant skin retouching and such but she insists that we have an agreement and that I should honor it if I don't want to be in trouble... This is my first paid job and I don't really know what to do... My invoice mentions retouching.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Hmm.New
yetNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow