D800E vs. 5D3: Diminishing Returns or Reversal of Returns?

Started Jul 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Forum ProPosts: 10,546Gear list
Like?
First off, thank you for actually looking at the RAWs...
In reply to LMCasey, Jul 20, 2013

LMCasey wrote:

Rick,

After playing with your raws, I really can't see any significant difference at all. I think it's all in how you got from your raws to your 1800x1200 jpegs.

...before forming an opinion. If you are suggesting I did it wrong, I would be very interested in your technique. I would then re-conduct the procedure. I am not above learning.

And yes, I've got to believe you are way into the "diminishing returns" at this amount of downsizing.

Thank you again. I do not see what is so hard for some to come out and agree with the outcome. I believe there are more than a few D800 owners who were oblivious to this. In fact, I think there are some of those folks posting here today that are posing as "previously-informed" but in reality just got a big jolt.

If you end up with "less" when starting out with "more" then it's on you.

Is this a reference to my characterization "reversal of return"? If so, I will repeat that I would be very interested in a workflow that avoids this when working with files of this size. If you are inclined to answer but would like to avoid the mindless criticisms others might dump on you, please shoot me a line privately.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. TJ said, "Every generation needs a new revolution".

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow