D800E vs. 5D3: Diminishing Returns or Reversal of Returns?

Started Jul 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,598Gear list
Like?
I have no preference to brand
In reply to mbloof, Jul 20, 2013

I own a boatload of both. Since you own none of the equipment in question and do not seem inclined to do so in the future, why are you here adding senseless noise to the cacophony?

mbloof wrote:

Rick, in all sillyness does there need to be yet another 'X vs. Y' thread?

Both the D800E and 5D3 are fine cameras with some outstanding qualities. One has more resolution and dynamic range than the other. If you need/want/use it or not is up to you.

I shoot with a 5D2 and nether are compelling enough for me to 'upgrade' or switch systems as the 5D2 is a good camera in its own right or at least good enough for what I use it for.

This entire brand/model war is beating a dead horse. If your a Nikon shooter already the choice is easy. Like wise if your a Canon shooter.

Egads, no wonder I never venture by the 'brand/model' forums anymore. (sigh)

-- hide signature --

(insert brag sheet here)
A sampling of my images are in my DPR gallery
Technologist @ Large
- Mark0

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. TJ said, "Every generation needs a new revolution".

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow