Shutter shock > An interum fix should be in their Olympus Viewer software Locked

Started Jul 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Prairie Pal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,174
Shutter shock > An interum fix should be in their Olympus Viewer software
Jul 20, 2013

Photoshop CC has a shake reduction filter that seems to be fairly effective.

Until Olympus can design out the shutter shock I think it would be a great gesture to upgrade their viewer software with a similar filter. They would of course then be admitting to the issue. I know shutter shock is still a contentious point of discussion in this forum as to the cause, and even if it does exist. I know I have it with my E-M5 and a couple of lens combinations, but I work around it with the delay or avoiding the shutter speeds. But having a viable post processing option would be an asset that would expand the margin of possible shooting situations to the bodies that experience shutter shock.

If Olympus were really serious they could use the exif data from the shot to be filtered to suggest the most likely algorithm to improve it. When they eliminate shutter shock from the hardware they can always leave the filter in their viewer progr5am to use on true camera shake.

I suppose we could think of all kinds of helpful improvements to proprietary viewer/conversion software that would be seen as great gestures from the manufacturers. I don't know why more of them don't take that opportunity to make an impression on consumers buying their product.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow