Trying to decide, Gr or 100xs

Started Jul 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,142Gear list
Like?
Re: Trying to decide, Gr or 100xs
In reply to Toccata47, Jul 20, 2013

I have both, the color is more realistic (in RAW) with the Fuji, the Ricoh has 28mm and 35mm which makes it more useful, and the VF in the Fuji on sunny days limits you to the OVF as the EVF is quite dark. For me the Ricoh is easy to use as I know them, but I am learning the Fuji. I have found that the Fuji is just not wide enough at times, but it does render wonderful images, but so does the Ricoh. I find both RAW and jpegs on both to be very good, using DR with the Fuji I tend to over-expose, but the Ricoh is not that different in this respect for me but the colors can be more vibrant and not as realistic as the fuji. The Greens in foliage with the Ricoh are overly green, very bright and vibrant, not as sedate as the real image and it is hard to get them there in PP, so I often use the jpeg which will give me a more realistic rendering of foliage. Again, some of this may just be me getting used to using ISO and other controls, I generally shoot in AP, I guess I should try program mode to see what I get. Hope some of the babbling is helpful.

-- hide signature --

If i am typing on my iPad, please excuse any typos.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow