Why mirrorless over dslr?

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,772Gear list
Like?
Which really begs the question...
In reply to Jorginho, Jul 20, 2013

Jorginho wrote:

I understand that and shooting is also about how you feel. Just do no mix up your own feelings with the thought that htese are somehow unicersal. I have GH2 and an EPL5. GH2 has better ergonomics, but the shooting experience is not like P&S vs DSLR to me.

I agree that the GH shooting experience really is exactly like using a smallish DSLR. And a very nice one at that.

But remember.... if you put the GH3 among "other small DSLRs" then it becomes one of the larger ones.

So this really begs the question.... if you PREFER DSLR ergonomics, and you LIKE shooting with a DSLR, then why not just buy a small DSLR?

Every one of those DSLR/DSLT cameras pictured above is a lot cheaper than a Panasonic GH3, and some have some very nice pentaprism OVFs, nice tilt LCDs.

I guess the only real advantage the GH3 brings for these shooters is "smaller lenses" but that is due primarily to the smaller sensor. And if smallness was a top priority, then the GH3 might not be their first choice.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
+1New
SizeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow