Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,463Gear list
Like?
Re: Correct
In reply to cerberusjf, Jul 20, 2013

cerberusjf wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

cerberusjf wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

As I pointed out, Nikon has a unpublished policy of three strikes you get a new one.

They don't in the UK.

You are correct. I should have said Nikon USA as they are an independent subsidiary.

So Nikon changes the "rules" of their "game" depending on which country. A pity their rule isn't to satisfy their customers.

Mako2011 wrote: It is their game.

I don't like companies that play "games" with customers - companies should either fix it or if they can't, replace it first time.

That would be nice

Fortunately there are laws in some countries to ensure they do, but you have to find out.

True...and the cost of that is absorbed by the customer.

The cost was already absorbed in the price I paid for my Nikon. I ended up with the worst of both worlds, the vendor passed me to Nikon, Nikon didn't fix it again and again. I had to pay more for my Samsung EX1 than it would have cost in the U.S.A. as well, and Samsung had no problem fixing my camera first time. Not only that, they got it back to me almost as fast as Nikon took to acknowledge they'd received the camera.

The O.P. was lucky to get it sorted out in 9 months and only on the third "strike". That's better than I got.

Yes - it's better than you got - because you did it wrong.

In Europe (EU) you are not a customer to Nikon or anybody else manufactorer - you are a customer to the vendor - and the vendor can't pass away you to the manufactorer - the warranty is the vendors responsability, so is the law (as you found out).

I think it is one or two "strikes" they got to repair (don't quite remember) then it is replacing.

And of course the warranty-cost is absorbed in the Price - no one gives it away - not that I have heard of.

If the vendor was trying to cheat on you, why blame Nikon.

BirgerH

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow