D800E vs. 5D3: Diminishing Returns or Reversal of Returns?

Started Jul 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Forum ProPosts: 10,529Gear list
Like?
Re: Way to put 5D III curve into D800E or PS for raw conversion?
In reply to Bills nature photo, Jul 20, 2013

Bills nature photo wrote:

TOF guy wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

TOF guy wrote:

yray wrote:

. The D800 image in this example appears washed out even though I believe that at the pixel level it contains more fine detail.

That's because different curves were used for the images. It has nothing to do with "fine details" and "micro-contrast".

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

While that is true for the first set, it is not true of the 2nd set.

It is true for both images.

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

I agree that the curves are quite different and I must say that I like the curves applied to the 5D III image much better than the standard Nikon curves. Is there an easy way to upload a Canon like curve into D800 or Photoshop for processing D800E raw files to have the contrast curve of the 5D III?

-- hide signature --

Too much glass...too little time

TOF guy failed to answer my question. Maybe you'll be so kind as to tell me what type of curve are you referring to i.e. a PPing Curve as found in Photoshop?

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. TJ said, "Every generation needs a new revolution".

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow