* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 273, 13 07 17 *

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,123Gear list
Like?
Re: Points of Light
In reply to 19andrew47, Jul 20, 2013

Hi Andrew. Thanks for commenting. Yes there is a cable release and bulb setting for the E-3 and E-5. Some of the other e-series use a different cable and some don't have a cable option but ther is a way to use the IR remote for bulb shots. Also I think you can take multiple exposures with the E-5. I'll have to read the manual on how to do that. I would be leary of using the lens cap due to camera movement on the tripod with the 50-200. There might be an easy way to rig a lens cover that uses a black cloth or something over the lens hood. Now I want to give your idea a try.

As I said to Zin, I may have overexposed the shots by 1/2 a stop. That's why the firework centers are blown and the sky is not black. I increased the blacks and lifted the highlights in PS as much as I could. On a couple of them I decreased the exposure slider in ACR by 1/2 stop. I wish I had stopped down a bit for better exposure and more DOF.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LouNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow