D800E vs. 5D3: Diminishing Returns or Reversal of Returns?

Started Jul 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 11,031Gear list
Like?
Re: You've missed the point somewhat.
In reply to Rick Knepper, Jul 20, 2013

Rick wrote:

It was time to look at the images from the viewpoint of how my OWN processing workflow melded with the imagery.

There may be situations where the brighter greens would have worked better. Do you want to come to conclusions because it happens that the foliage ended up brighter in the D800 image which may be purely accidental ?

The first set of images in the OP represented this. The 2nd set in this thread and in the original thread are totally neutralized.

"Neutralized" in this case means that you treating the processing software like a black box and assume that the processing is the same in both cases. But it is not.

You know why I like this scene? It gives you everything from wind blown trees to stationary lines in the buildings.

Except that the scene is more pleasant in one image than the other. The comparison becomes influenced by the "quality" of the scenes. Do you want to compare the results with your workflow or simply one scene more pleasant than the other ?

I think it is for those of us who do landscapes. It is absolutely perfect.

IMO Bizarre landscape. Neither interesting woods, nor landscape nor architectural nor urban. Jack of all trades master of none.

But thank you for sharing the images and starting a good discussion.

Absolutely welcome. I already have ideas for two new comparisons.

Looking forward to see them

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow