Started Jul 20, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sbutk
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
FZ200, Extended zoom?
Jul 20, 2013

I've got what I feel is a fairly simple question.  Surprisingly, I haven't been able to find the answer yet either in these forums or with a web search.

I've become familiar with Panasonic superzoom/bridge cameras, having first owned an FZ18 and currently a FZ35.  I'm exploring the possibility of upgrading again, either to the FZ200 or to its successor (possibly due out this week?).

My question pertains to sacrificing resolution to gain extra (or "extended") optical zoom, which is most often acceptable for my type of amateur shooting.  For instance, my FZ35 will reach all the way to 35x if I choose to drop the resolution far enough.

What is the equivalent zoom factor for the FZ200?  I know it's listed as 24x, but if I'm understanding correctly that's at the full 12 MP.  And I'm assuming the FZ200 has the same capability to trade resolution for zoom.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (Lumix DMC-FZ38)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow