FZ70 Announced. Is This Just Another Frankencamera?

Started Jul 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 3,573Gear list
Like?
Re: GEEEZZZ, GIVE IT A CHANCE, WILL YA!!!!!
In reply to Vandyu, Jul 20, 2013

Vandyu wrote:

Oh, come on, Ben, where's the fun in that? We're just starting the annual rite of new model bashing. Maybe it's a great camera. Give us a report when you test it out. Maybe there's room for two FZ models--one for the masses and one for the enthusiasts. History has shown, though, that the second-tier/little brother model has been pretty much ignored compared to the flagship version since Panasonic started offering two. Personally, I think it's a confusing strategy that wastes resources. Panasonic may continue to give us a state of the art model, such as the FZ200, but I'm wondering if they are motivated to do so.

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

The problem with the past 2nd tier models that Panasonic have produced is that they haven't stacked up well against the competition, which has offered bigger zooms and I think, lower prices. Also the FZ60's feature list, wasn't anything special. I like Panasonics (I have had 4 including the FZ200), but when I looked at the FZ60 I couldn't think of a reason I would buy one over say a Canon, which seemed to have it beat in just about every aspect. This new FZ70 is right up there now and is quite possibly better than the opposition, so it gives Panasonic and effective rival to the others in this class. Now waiting for the FZ200's replacement.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow