Why mirrorless over dslr?

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ubilam
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,860
Like?
You know lots for post #1
In reply to DocOnefall, Jul 20, 2013

DocOnefall wrote:

There are some things where mirrorless just can't and likely will never compete. If you NEED 200mm f2.8 with AF, you are never going to see that in mirrorless. Why would anyone make a lens that big for a small camera. Defeats the purpose of the whole camera system.

And comparing FF pro level DSLR's to APS-C/micro 4/3's camera is really apples to oranges. If you NEED ( I mean really need it - not just want it) that level camera i'm not sure at this stage why you would even ask about it. However if shoot APS-C, the lines become more blurred.

Also you have to acknowledge personal bias in this. I currently have a d5100 and NEX 6. When I use the d5100 I feel like I'm doing photography, with the NEX6 I feel more like a point and shoot pic taker. Hell the sensor in those two cameras are both aps-c 16MP sensors made by sony! I know this is all in my head but emotionally I can't seem accept it. I still find myself really enjoying the NEX and reaching for it more and more.

Honestly at my current skill level my limiting factor is really me and not the camera system.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

"Hey, don't blame me."

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
+1New
SizeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow