RX100M2 Petition for Minimum shutter speed, should I bother?

Started Jul 19, 2013 | Questions thread
newellj
Contributing MemberPosts: 866Gear list
Like?
Re: biggest complaint for M2 too?
In reply to digitalphotographer, Jul 19, 2013

digitalphotographer wrote:

Windschatten wrote:

I absolutely agree with you. This is my biggest complaint about the Sony RX100 and it's a bit disappointing that it hasn't been fixed until today. Making photos from people in lowish light is very hard to do without using the S mode because the shutter 1/30 is too low. Also the argument that we should just give back the camera is silly, the rx100 is a very good camera but it could be so much better with only a small, programmable software fix.

I wonder why I haven't heard much about this "biggest complaint" in any of the reviews except on MingThein.com

I hope more users can voice their disappointment so Sony would not feel complacent to have this "best compact camera of the year"!

Because (1) reviewers don't take real photos and (2) reviewers can't bite the hand that feeds them, which means everyone is above average...really.

newellj's gear list:newellj's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
thxNew
thxNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow