"I dream of wires"... are you kidding me?

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mike Ronesia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,680Gear list
Like?
Re: "I dream of wires"... are you kidding me?
In reply to Wildbegonia, Jul 19, 2013

Wildbegonia wrote:

Mike Ronesia wrote:

Show us a photo of a clutch of electronic wires or connections or something to help illustrate this newspaper editorial.

To me this line in the challenge description tells me the shot has noting to do with the artistic quality of a photo. I think the voters got it right based on this. What shot do you think would have better illustrated too many wires in story in the paper? I personally don't like these kind of challenges.

-- hide signature --

Mark James
A.K.A. Mike Ronesia

But you won one of Jezsik's challenges, did you not?

-- hide signature --

'Balls! Said the Queen, if I'll had them, I'll be the King'.

I did. I didn't say I don't like all the host challenges, I said I don't like challenges like this one. For me the difference between the two is the wording of what the image is for. The wire challenge is all about illustrating a clutch or mess of wires for a story and that is rarely a pretty picture. A book cover tends to be positive to draw people in.

I might be wrong, but that's how I read them.

-- hide signature --

Mark James
A.K.A. Mike Ronesia

Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow