D800E vs. 5D3: Diminishing Returns or Reversal of Returns?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
T O Shooter
Contributing MemberPosts: 975
Like?
Re: Too many of these...... Agreed!
In reply to t.c. marino, 9 months ago

t.c. marino wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

It seems there have been a lot of threads lately trying to show the 5D3 has the same resolving power as the D800. Not sure why....the D800 holds a 28% linear resolution advantage that is easily seen when good optics are used. It equates to one extra print size....say 20x30 over 16x24 for the 5D3.

When I made my purchase decision to go with the Nikon over the Canon, I just cropped a 12x18 out of a 20x30 print and made my decision. It was obvious in print the D800 had more resolving power. We wont even mention the difference in DR.

time to move on rich...the "canonotes"are obsessed with d800 and it's high res sensor..test after test trying to prove that there is no difference in resolution.5d3 is great camera..and it gets beat by d800 for greater resolution--
nikonshooter

I don't get the point.  The D800 is a great resolving body with great DR. I'm sure the Canon is too.  A body for the Nikon fellows and one for the Canon guys.  It should only be the fellows with certain parameters that care at all.  A Canon shooter putting out very large prints might want to throw a glance at an 800e. A Nikon shooter might throw a glance the other way if the MKIII excels in some way that is critical to his photography. Most of us are not on that extreme edge of what these bodies are capable of that it matters. Take my D4 or D800 and give me the Canon and I'm sure I'd adapt

Or in other words, so what and why bother?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow