RX100M2 Petition for Minimum shutter speed, should I bother?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
cd23murray
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Re: Get ahead while you're on top
In reply to digitalphotographer, 9 months ago

digitalphotographer wrote:

Jamon47 wrote:

Petition... well Sony rarely publish firmware updates to Cyber-Shot cameras. The RX100 (and probably the RX100 II too) sells so well that Sony will be even less incline to break that “rule”. Your best chance is for other manufacturers to introduce serious competitors to the RX100s... that will have much more impact on Sony. BTW any manufacturers in a similar uncontested position would do the same... why change a winning product?

or stand still to let others take over?

I would argue that Sony is one of the few camera manufacturers that aren't standing still.  With the RX1, Rx100 and full fram nex that will probably be announced soon (for 2014), they are definitely not standing still (I would say the are leading the way really).  Now they aren't perfect but at least they are trying somethings others haven't.  In fact there is no direct comparison for the RX100 or the RX1 right now.

The RX100 (1 and 2) aren't perfect cameras and I think your suggestion would be a good one, but I get the feeling you don't want to like Sony or the camera (which is fine).  Either way they aren't going to add the features you want any time soon, even with a petition.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
thxNew
thxNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow