RX100M2 Petition for Minimum shutter speed, should I bother?

Started Jul 19, 2013 | Questions thread
Jerry R
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,738
Like?
If I'm in a situation where I'm selecting f stop and shutter speed, the first thing
In reply to digitalphotographer, Jul 19, 2013

If I'm in a situation where I'm selecting f stop and shutter speed, the first thing I do is select ISO.

Maybe its an old habit from film days but I have never used auto ISO. The V1 has something like a 100-400 and 100-800 auto ISO setting which I have played with, but don't find auto ISO very useful.

Out doors base ISO except for sports and indoors 800 ISO as a general rule. For special pics I will select ISO, f stop and speed before shooting.

Would love to get a RX100. When I first saw it would have bought it on the spot if it had a tilt LCD and/or an EVF. It now has both but I got a V1 for $250 and another $150 for the Nikon lens adaptor. It has a great EVF and I can use all my Nikon Autofocus lenses. Just can't justify the $750 + $450 EVF = $1200. Maybe if Sony drops the package price to $300 like Nikon did with the V1 I would get one.

-- hide signature --

Canon A2E, Sony R1, Panny TZ5, NEX C3/Zeiss 24mm E Lens, Nikon D5100 & Nikon V1

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
thxNew
thxNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow