Pentax as first DSLR?

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,446Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax as first DSLR?
In reply to Alex Sarbu, Jul 19, 2013

I've been following this debate with great interest, and have decided that a modern camera with an APS-C sensor is probably the way for me to go.  The sensor is plenty big enough for the web and the small to medium sized prints I usually make, and some of the other current features described in the post above, like Live View for macro, sound like things I would actually use.  Plus,a smaller, lighter camera is more likely to be with me when I want it.

The thought of physically modifying my old lenses makes me nervous, and I would probably never do it.  I am not a photographer who is always changing lenses-- used to keep one lens on the K1000 for months, if not years, at a time and made it do for everything-- so if I get a Pentax DSLR, I will almost certainly buy at most one or two modern lenses (almost certainly primes) to supplement the kit zoom.  I can then experiment with the old collection, which will cost me nothing.  A cheerful thought, that.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow