Pentax as first DSLR?

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,081Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax as first DSLR?
In reply to Alex Sarbu, Jul 19, 2013

I've been following this debate with great interest, and have decided that a modern camera with an APS-C sensor is probably the way for me to go.  The sensor is plenty big enough for the web and the small to medium sized prints I usually make, and some of the other current features described in the post above, like Live View for macro, sound like things I would actually use.  Plus,a smaller, lighter camera is more likely to be with me when I want it.

The thought of physically modifying my old lenses makes me nervous, and I would probably never do it.  I am not a photographer who is always changing lenses-- used to keep one lens on the K1000 for months, if not years, at a time and made it do for everything-- so if I get a Pentax DSLR, I will almost certainly buy at most one or two modern lenses (almost certainly primes) to supplement the kit zoom.  I can then experiment with the old collection, which will cost me nothing.  A cheerful thought, that.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow