Poll: 5D mk III vs. D800E w/ Zeiss 2/35mm ZF

Started Jul 10, 2013 | Polls thread
Schwany
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,371Gear list
Like?
Yeah, the old lenses can be scary
In reply to Rick Knepper, Jul 19, 2013

Rick Knepper wrote:

So will I but I won't just take your word for it on the Takumar. I did my time on FM and bought a bunch of vintage lenses for adaptation to my Canons. For me, they are a PITA and ultimately not worth the hassle of ownership. The only two I've retained are the Contax Zeiss 21mm and the Leica R 28mm for their outstanding IQ plus I happened to have well matched adapters for these two lenses. The adapter I used for the Zeiss in this comparison infinity focus before the infinity mark.

I settled on the present-day Zeisses because they come in native mounts for Nikon and Canon. The Takumar 3.5/35 has a good reputation but I would imagine that's for an excellent copy.

Yes the PITA component is a big reality with the vintage stuff. Mirror breakage being one potential thrill associated with using the Takumars. You must remember I said nearly as good. I'm sure the Zeiss is a lot easier to deal with, and resolves better. I think I could see an office romance going on in one of those buildings. That's pretty good resolution at that distance.

Enjoy it.

Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
OKNew
NewNew
NotNew
trueNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow