ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cheksa
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
[Lumix GX1] - A little disappointed
9 months ago

Hi all,

I just received my new GX1 this afternoon and I have to say that, after taking a couple dozens of pictures I am a bit disappointed by the result. I used to own a Canon T3i which I sold to get my GX1. My biggest issue with the DSLR was its size. Before my baby was born I had no problem going about with a camera bag, my SLR and a couple of lenses. But recently the camera bag has been replaced by a diaper bag, and I no longer have the room to carry a big camera around.

Anyway, back to the GX1. Before trading my DSLR for a MFT I did extensive reading of reviews and forum posts to find the camera that would work best for me. I settled on the GX1 because of all the praises it received. Along the Lumix I bought the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 pancake and the Olympus 45mm f1.8.

I'm rather pleased by the results I got from the 20mm, but the 45mm is a plain disappointment.

This is where I come up with a question

I was expecting the 45mm to deliver something similar to the gloriously cheap Canon 50mm f1.8. Was I too naive? This afternoon I shot most of my pictures in 3:2, can it be the reason why the images coming out of the 45mm where so dusty, noisy and washed out? Was I expecting too much out of the GX1 (an IQ close to the Rebel T3i)? and finally, if so, would an OM-D EM-5 provide an IQ closer from Canon's entry level DSLR?

Thank you for your time

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow