FZ70 Announced. Is This Just Another Frankencamera?

Started Jul 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dogglet
Regular MemberPosts: 324Gear list
Like?
Good enough for birding?
In reply to John McCormack, Jul 19, 2013

Ever since I realized I couldn't afford Canon's 600mm f/4 for birding purposes on my EOS600D, I've been pinching my GF's FZ150 + LT-55 combo (which I bought for her 1.5 years ago) for birding, while I just use the Canon for macro and portraits.

Like many others here, I'm waiting eagerly for the FZ250(??), to see if it's lots better than the FZ200, and worth the probable increase in $$. The thing is, by the time August/Sept comes around and there's no formal announcement made on this, would the FZ70 be good enough for birding, bearing in mind that I'd be comparing its features with those from the 150+LT-55, and not the 200.

I live in the tropics, where bright sunny days are more or less a given, so 600mm f/2.8 on the FZ200 whilst being an awesome feature in itself, might not be terribly necessary.

Or is it still too early to even ask this kind of question seeing as no one can actually produce examinable images from this new doodad yet?

Dogglet's gear list:Dogglet's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow