Started Jul 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Plasmatico
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Like?
Tempted by Canon FD lenses
Jul 19, 2013

Hi all - I recently acquired a NEX-5N and am totally blown away by the quality of this little gem. Though I would have appreciated a viewfinder, I think I rather spend the money on quality glass (I know I will eventually move up to the 6). I was fortunate enough to get two really good copies of 18-55 and 55-210, both are sharp and I really like them, but I enjoy low light photography and I was considering selling the 18-55 and buying the SEL 35 1.8 ($450) and 50 1.8 ($300) - but all this talk about legacy lenses have started to tempt me really bad.

Now I'm seriously considering the Canon FD SSC 24mm 2.8, the SSC 50 1.4 and SSC 85 1.8, from what I have read these are really good quality lenses and a great match for the NEX. How much better than the comparable Sony's, I don't know, like everything there would be pros and cons. I guess with a little patience I could get all three FD's for about half what the Sony duo would cost.

What are your thoughts? I know this has been discussed ad nauseam here, but always appreciate input from more experienced users who have walked on these shoes before me.

Thanks,

MJC

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow