Kit lens vs 40 mm

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
paparios
Regular MemberPosts: 418Gear list
Like?
Re: Kit lens vs 40 mm
In reply to abhisheks77, 9 months ago

abhisheks77 wrote:

Thanks for explaining. Got couple of more questions.

It means that the 40mm lens is not that useful in crop cameras.

What does it means ?

Normally, you would use in full frame a 50mm lens. The 40mm acts like 64mm equivalent, which means it will act like a telephoto lens. Trying to photograph a group in a small room will be difficult. A better lens would be a 30mm (which has a field of view equivalent to 48mm in full frame)

So you have to chose which carasteristic is more important for you. Several guys prefer a zoom like the EF-S 17-55 f2.8 or Tamron 17-50 f2.8, but if cost it is important for you, i would recommend the EF-S 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS II, which has good reviews and a small price and weight.

Is EF-S 18-55 f3.5-5.6 same as which comes with the kit of T3i ? Sorry about my ignorance, I am not much familier with this field, but trying to learn.

I am deciding on, what camera should I buy. If you got minute, you can view this link. So you will know, what I am looking at.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51828345

Regards

Yes, that is the kit lens.

Miguel

paparios's gear list:paparios's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow