FZ70 Announced. Is This Just Another Frankencamera?

Started Jul 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,482Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200 replacement
In reply to GeraldW, Jul 18, 2013

I have cameras in several categories: a Canon S110 as my pocket, go-anywhere camera (in my pocket right now), Canon 7D and a decent range of lenses for when I want to do some serious photography, and an FZ40 for times when I can't take the 7D and need a zoom range longer than the S110. The FZ40 has also become my "camcorder" and I've used it for quite a lot of decent video. The FZ40 is a great concert camera, as I can take it in places that don't allow my DSLRs and a long lens, plus I can shoot short videos of the performance (I have some great video of the recent Paul McCartney concert in DC). I've been very happy with the FZ40 EXCEPT for the speed of the lens - I'd love to get an FZ200 for the constant f2.8, but at over $500 it's hard to justify. The new FZ70 doesn't really tempt me, but if they could drop the price of the FZ200 to something like $400 I'd probably place an order pretty quickly.

If they are planning on releasing an FZ200 replacement, maybe with a better sensor and the better IS reported for the FZ70, I'll be really tempted - but more likely I would pick up an FZ200 as the price drops to make room for the new model!

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow