Lens?

Started Jul 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
golf1982
Contributing MemberPosts: 660
Like?
Re: Lens?
In reply to Franklin J Ellias, Jul 18, 2013

Franklin J Ellias wrote:

This is the second posting of this question. I have also posted this in the Nikon lens forum. I am looking for additional feedback from those of you with Nikkor & Tamron experience:

Yesterday, I stopped by the camera store to exchange a Black Rapid shoulder strap that I bought for my D7100. While there asked about the Nikkor 70-200 F4. The salesman/instructor showed me the lens and also recommended that I consider the Tamron 70-300 F4-5.6. While we were discussing the two lenses a pro photographer came in for flash repairs and he too recommended the Tamron.

They both showed me pictures that they had shot with the Tamron that ranged from portraits to animals in the wild, and I must say, I was impressed.

The price difference is substantial. The Nikkor is $1,200+ (US) and the Tamron is $449-$100 rebate until the end of July. I was going to wait and saved up to make the purchase. I just bought a D7100 and have Nikkor 50/1.4 for portrait and 16-85 general/walk around lenses. I am looking for a longer zoom lens for wildlife and sporting events on sunny days.

Am I missing something?

Yes

never believe what a salesman says. Different people need and want different things from gear. Read impartial genuinely tested reviews and make up your own mind considering your needs.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow