ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vkphoto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,593
Like?
Fujifilm X-clusive Event, July 18th
Jul 18, 2013

Hi folks,

I just came back from the event and would like to share my quick report.

Invitation

1. July 23rd FW update (X-Pro1/XE1/Lenses):

• It is not the first one nor the last one. But major. Fujifilm will continue to support X-generation. Major FW updates are coming to other X cameras.
  • Minimum shutter speed at Auto ISO is being addressed (next FW update?)
  • I tested focus peaking and it works. More colour choices are coming.
  • AF will be improved on all lenses (each will require FW update) including 55-200 (no need to update FW), after installing FW 3.0 (hard to say by how much)

2. Tele photo prime lenses

• Fuji is listening

3. Fuji X-M1

Surprisingly very well built. I think that knobs/dials "resistance" is better than on my X-Pro1. Joy to use. Same applies to new zoom and 27mm. Took couple pictures with 27, worked fine on X-Pro regardless missing aperture ring, just unusual to use command dial to change the aperture value. One more time - excellent build quality.

4. Lens Roadmap

All announced lenses are on schedule. 23/1.4 - October, 10-24 - December, 56/1.2 - January 2014. All with aperture rings and build to highest optical and mechanical standards.

Greg (Fuji Guys) & Michael Reichmann (The Luminous Landscape)

I will post detailed report and more pictures at my blog later today or tomorrow.

P.S.

Event was very well organized. Excellent presentations, discussions and yes, the food. Fujifilm is listening to the voice of the customer. For sure. Greg and Billy are true photographers with years of experience. They do know, understand and are trying to address our concerns.

Thanks,

vkphoto

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow