"I dream of wires"... are you kidding me?

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Images by Kipper
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Re: Further clarification
In reply to jezsik, Jul 18, 2013

Jezsik:

In your reply you stated and suggested that “If I was given a hundred photos, I'd pare them down to ten and let voters decide.” Now I know that this idea has been discussed as a possible ‘New Idea Challenge Type’ in past forums during the many, many discussions on upgrading the Challenges. I see the type of approach you’re suggesting as being an excellent vehicle for some of our hosts, yourself as a prime example, and believe that many would support such Challenges. I know that I would and if I didn’t make the ‘Top Ten’ then I would be inclined to vote on the hosts nominated entries. Read as a self-admission that I find it troubling to vote in Challenges that I enter.

Further on in your reply, you address the subject of sample pictures and you say, “Submitting sample pictures is a bit of a risk. In some cases it's required because it does not take to description well. I tend not to include samples so as not to influence the submissions too much and I often do not have a suitable image (my portfolio is devoid of soccer balls, bees and raised fists).” For myself as an entrant I can see your point that samples can adversely affect a Challenges submissions. However depending on the Challenge host’s intentions, they can be very helpful in guiding entrants towards what the host is looking for. A fine line I would agree, but often helpful to an entrant.

If I can digress and say that my wife was doing laundry and dropped a bunch of clothes hangers on the floor and when I saw them lying there, yes that thought crossed my mind.;-) Enough said on that one, because of the rule clause ‘Show us a photo of a clutch of electronic wires or connections….” was vaguely there in my mind.

I am rambling now so to your point about the host pairing down a Challenge to the ‘Top Ten’, I say yes and would be interested in what others think of this approach!

Cheers all ~ Kipper.

Images by Kipper's gear list:Images by Kipper's gear list
Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow