the D4x is coming.

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Josh152
Senior MemberPosts: 1,211
Like?
Re: the D4x is coming.
In reply to bgbs, Jul 18, 2013

bgbs wrote:

Not entirely convinced. Sports shooters already have a D4, and will get a D400 soon to complement them, why do they need a third one?

What Nikon will/should release is a trophy camera to wave around, meaning a D4x with 56mp. The trophy camera, will obviously not be the camera that will make the company rich, but it is meant to make ripples in the market. What Nikon really needs, is the real/legitimate D700 replacement that is long overdue.

I could see Nikon maybe coming out with a D800H that had the sensor from the D600 or even the D4, like 6-8 fps and maybe even a new AF system.   Though I'm not sure how that would work out if there is also a D300S successor that would probably also have about the same megapixels and shoot  around the same fps as well as have similar features.  It may divide the sales between them too much to make both cameras profitable.  I think it would more likely be one or the other not both.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D4xNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow