Help, am being held captive by Adobe Flash player 11 ! Literally !

Started Jul 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gtblackwell
Contributing MemberPosts: 570
Like?
Help, am being held captive by Adobe Flash player 11 ! Literally !
Jul 18, 2013

I have a home assembled desktop, recently checked over and fine. running Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit) and had IE10 and Chrome on it.....and flash player11, ( plus Java 24)very latest and all worked perfectly. A week ago every site I go to tells me I need to Install FP 11, ironically, so did Adobe that has a vid on FP problems.  I tried to uninstall FP 11 to reinstall and reboot  to see if that helped but reinstall is interrupted because IE is running. I switched to Chrome as my browser but still get the message about IE. I took all security off  and retried, same message.

Some it appears all sites say I need to update FP11, including Adobe, I cannot uninstall nor add a new download the uninstall the duplicate but my my computer says I have the latest version installed and it worked perfectly until last week.

I am in Adobeland version of Catch 22, Joseph Heller and Franz Kafka would love it. Going to Adobe for help, my first thought , is a hellish experience, I could not get anything out of them, except to download the vid that needed the latest version of FP11.

Hate to ask you nice people who normally post about higher things but I am stumped....

-- hide signature --

NA

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow