Cokin Z-Pro/X-Pro with 16-35

Started Jul 16, 2013 | Questions thread
rbarta
Regular MemberPosts: 276Gear list
Like?
Re: Cokin Z-Pro/X-Pro with 16-35
In reply to RayDee, Jul 18, 2013

RayDee wrote:

I have the Z-Pro and did a slot setup modification where the lens adapter actually sits before the plate in the last filter slot. The slots are configurable for a reason...

Here is a forum post on POTN describing the procedure.

Downside is that you cannot easily exchange the lens adapter when you switch to a different filter diameter.

I heard about the filter holder modification and tried it. It helped a lot but it was still vignetting, would probably be fine on a 17-40 (I have the 16-35 II, 82mm dia.  If the orig 16-35 filter size is smaller it might work on that).  I guess I just want it to be perfect. I think the only complete solution would be to go with the z-pro and beg companies to make a 9 or 10 stop ND for it. I will be writing them for that but in the meantime I am going to try the B+W circular 10 stop ND and give up on being able to also use a grad ND.

rbarta's gear list:rbarta's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow