D800 Screen is too bright and shows under exposed images as properly exposed and vice versa...

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Simon Garrett
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,096Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 Screen is too bright and shows under exposed images as properly exposed and vice versa...
In reply to Evil Genius, Jul 18, 2013

Evil Genius wrote:

It's not so much for me as it is for the model, I was having a shoot the other day and I was showing the model some photos on the LCD and she was like "But this Photo is waaaaaay too bright" and I was like "No no, it's the screen - It's kinda bright" and she wanted me to reshoot and didn't believe me that I got it right until I showed her on the Mac and then she was like "Ooooooooh, okay.".

Get another model?

But I do see what you mean - I've had people comment on the screen image before, and they give me rather funny looks when I say that it isn't how it's going to look when printed or on a monitor screen.  For studio-type stuff I shoot tethered to a laptop when possible, and even then most laptop screens are pretty awful (some are good, including Macbooks and some Dell HD screens).

-- hide signature --

Simon

Simon Garrett's gear list:Simon Garrett's gear list
Nikon D800
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow