* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 273, 13 07 17 *

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
OlyChamp
Senior MemberPosts: 4,284Gear list
Like?
Balance
In reply to LouHolland, Jul 18, 2013

Innovative image well presented.  I see some have baulked at the shot, and there is scope for that to happen when most images we see sell the image.  Here you have to buy into the thinking.  You have to think.

And my thoughts are this.  The style is dramatic and it takes a little while to identify the key components.  When you do finally see a boat you've exhausted all the other components and found a medium you are happy to identify with.  Some have raised issues of light, but I tend to think that actually the light components balance the image.  The two bright areas middle left shape the bow of the boat and the light top centre right balances the top of the craft.  The "speed streaks" provide further balance.

Fine rendition, cleverly shot and processed for display.  It really does make one work their own mind.

Thane

-- hide signature --

E500, 14-45mm, 40-150mm, 70-300mm, E620, 14-42mm, 40-150mm.

OlyChamp's gear list:OlyChamp's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LouNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow