Started Jul 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Feynman
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Images where you are too close for a lens to capture the entire image
Jul 18, 2013

Newbie here, so my terminology may not be correct. I have some situations where I would like to capture an image as if I were head on, that is impossible, to my knowledge, to capture with any lens because the I can't get far enough away from the image. I do not want to use a fish eye.

As an example, I'd like to take a picture of a 7’ tall x 12’ wide mural that is in a hall that is ONLY 30 inches WIDE/DEEP! I posted a question on the Gigapan forum as well, I am hoping that maybe I could accomplish it using a good wide angle lens in combination with the Gigapan Epic Pro and stitching software. But there is not a lot of Q&A on their forums and I figured I might be a lot more likely to get an answer here.

But I don't know if the Gigapan will work in this type of instance, since I am not trying to capture a "ultra" pixel, I would just be using it to try to capture a "head on" type image by stitching.

Also, if this can be accomplished using the Gigapan, do I even need/want to use a wide angle lens?  Or would a standard lens actually get better results with a Gigapan?

Hopefully I have asked this question in a way that makes sense.

Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow