FZ70 Announced. Is This Just Another Frankencamera?

Started Jul 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 3,267Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ70 Announced. Is This Just Another Frankencamera?
In reply to John McCormack, Jul 18, 2013

As stated, this is not the replacement for the FZ200, but the replacement for the FZ60. Many of its features are still below what the FZ200 currently offers, but the camera will appeal to the people who just want a big zoom and I can understand that sentiment. Canon's sales are pretty good based on just that, so Panasonic has to compete. One thing I did notice in the specs, was the continuous 9 fps burst mode. I don't know how many shots you can shoot off at that speed, but if its continuous burst like the 5.5 fps on the FZ200, it might be useful, better still, it might find its way onto whatever Panasonic does with the FZ200 replacement, assuming there is one. The FZ200 does need a few tweaks, even if they left the lens system pretty much as it is, better noise reduction and some higher burst rates would suit my purposes as a bird photographer. That big lens on the FZ70 is also tempting. I'll wait and see what the reviews are like on image quality and also whether we get another announcement in the next few days on the FZ200's replacement.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow