Composition Tip: Angle and Light. Mushroom with the NX300 and 45/1.8

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,438Gear list
Like?
Re: Composition Tip: Angle and Light. Mushroom with the NX300 and 45/1.8
In reply to cstanley, Jul 18, 2013

cstanley wrote:

Nice shots... Wondering why the high ISO? You're holding your camera or placed it on the ground? Should be able to lower the shutter speed & lower the ISO as well to achieve better result? Anyway, those pictures look great.

When I am just walking around I use auto ISO 3200 and minimum shutter speed set 1 tick towards fast to avoid blur.  I find up to ISO 3200 fine for anything I do.  If I were trying to create stock photos I would shoot ISO 100 on a tripod, but that really isn't my thing.  I will force ISO 100 for night shots on a tripod or when I shoot long exposure waterfalls, etc.

For these shots I didn't apply any noise reduction, but if I were going to use them for something I would probably apply a little noise reduction.  It was actually very dark in the forest I was walking around in, hence the high ISO.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow