"I dream of wires"... are you kidding me?

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
jezsik
Senior MemberPosts: 2,573
Like?
Further clarification
In reply to jezsik, Jul 18, 2013

Some of the folks commenting seem to think I'm looking for something very specific in the Art Director challenge. I'm not. Oh, I wish I could because that is pretty much the job of an art director. If I was given a hundred photos, I'd pare them down to ten and let voters decide. I rarely get a hundred submissions and I can rarely gather ten that I would submit to a client. Let's face it, the quality of entries in the challenges is not quite what it was back in the beginning. That's not a dig at anyone here or in any challenge, it's just the nature of the thing.

Submitting sample pictures is a bit of a risk. In some cases it's required because it does not take to description well. I tend not to include samples so as not to influence the submissions too much and I often do not have a suitable image (my portfolio is devoid of soccer balls, bees and raised fists).

When I refer to people (mis)interpreting the rules so much, I'm referring to such things as, oh, a photo of a painting of a bundle of wires. Well they are wires and it is a photo, so ... keep it or toss it? What if they're a jumble of coat hanger? You can use those to improve your television signal, so those should count, right? You see what I mean.

Finally, I like the idea of a difficult challenge. I rarely enter them any more because I don't find them particularly ... well, challenging. I like creating challenging challenges by tying them to something realistic. I know I could host a cat challenge every week and be inundated with entries, but where's the fun in that?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow