Started Jul 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dale thorn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,758Gear list
Like?
LF1 versus LX7 test shots
Jul 18, 2013

I shot these images side-by-side, using burst mode to make sure of getting the best image from each (all were sharp as it turned out). The "LX7" is actually a Leica D-Lux6, which a number of Leica users have sworn is identical to the LX7, so I'm confident of that. The LF1 has 12 mp to the LX7's 10 mp, so to get the content seen here to be the same size after cropping (but not resizing), I shot the LX7 images at the full 90 mm zoom length, and experimented to find the zoom setting for the LF1 where the objects in the cropped image would be the same size as the LX7's.

I don't know what would be a "fair" comparison of these two cameras, but this should be a good start. My impression of the results is the LX7 images were sharpened more by the camera and showed more noise, but possibly had less detail anyway, which I would expect from the pixel disadvantage. The LF1 image, in spite of the camera putting more pixels onto the same sensor, looked really clean to me.

http://dalethorn.com/Panasonic_Lf1_01.html

dale thorn's gear list:dale thorn's gear list
Leica D-Lux 6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Leica T
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow