Pentax as first DSLR?

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,184Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax as first DSLR?
In reply to asp1880, Jul 17, 2013

I'm a walking around photographer, shooting mostly pets, plants, cars, street scenes, casual landscapes and portraits, things in museums, weird architecture details-- just anything I see that catches my interest or that I may want to record.  I also enjoy dabbling in macro, shooting flowers and bugs and things.  My little Canon point and shoot has surprisingly strong macro capabilities.  You can see why I am also considering compact cameras, and would have a digital Leica if I could afford one.

My favorite lenses are and were always primes. My everyday camera was my beloved K1000 (the Brick) with the excellent 85 mm portrait lens on it.  I shot everything with that lens.  I also used a fast 35 mm, the 55 mm macro, and we had a pancake lens (was it a 40 mm? a 45?) that my husband used to carry on an MX body.  That was a very tiny combination.  I still have all these lenses and would love to give them a new lease on life.

I'm sure if I get a K30 I will also eventually be in the market for a modern autofocus prime to carry on the camera when I don't feel like focusing for myself.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow