Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ekramer51
Regular MemberPosts: 100Gear list
Like?
Re: In hand, this the best feeling camera
In reply to GeorgianBay1939, Jul 17, 2013

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

ekramer51 wrote:

I replaced my GH2 with the GH3 about four months ago. I can't wait to get back to Africa again in November for wildlife photography. The GH2 was a good camera but the GH3 once set up with all the function buttons is truly a pleasure to use. Photo to video, to photo size, to extended tele, to ISO, to WB, to etc, etc, etc, all at the touch of a button.....nice

A couple of months ago, at my request, our local Henry's Camera Store got a rare GH3 in to look at. I played with it for an hour or so and couldn't get comfortable with the EVF. The rest of the camera was an ergonomic beauty, but I decided to pass and to continue on with my GH2. I then got a GX1 as a spare camera.

The GH2 was a good camera but the GH3 once set up with all the function buttons is truly a pleasure to use.

Did I make a mistake? Do you really find a significant difference between the GH2 and GH3 in terms of ease of use and output quality? Have your habits changed as a result of the expanded button interface?

I am looking forward to the rumored GX2/7 and will be interested in its ergonomics.

Maybe I'll end up waiting for the next GH camera. In the meantime I'll learn to use what I have better!

By the way, your great shots of the cheetahs and lions remind me of safaris in the Amboseli when I did some assignments in East Africa in the 1970s. I don't recall seeing any leopards there though, so maybe you were in a different spot.

For me, and of course it's personal preferences but I find the expanded button interface a significant improvement especially rapidly shifting from still to video and back again. The body shape is a nice improvement as well

The pictures I have posted where taken in Kruger National Park, South Africa. We go there annually, self guide and spend about a month in the bush chasing the critters.

ekramer51's gear list:ekramer51's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow