Started Jul 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
rkhndjr
Forum ProPosts: 12,262
Like?
Re: A picture I took
In reply to rpm40, Jul 17, 2013

rpm40 wrote:

brentbrent wrote:

I am not a very good photographer. I'm learning and trying to stretch a bit, and looking at others' work here really helps. I think what draws me to photography the most is that essence of capturing a moment. Life in made up of moments, and they pass by so swiftly. Sometimes just being able to freeze a moment and and then being able to take the time to see and look at the meaning of the moment, means so much. Even if the photo may not be a "10" on the artistic scale.

I confess that to a great degree, moments that I've captured in images may mean more to me than to others. I think that is completely OK, that photographs have a personal meaning that may not always translate to others.

Your photo may not have all the best technical attributes that a photography critic might be looking for. But to me, the smiling face of the caretaker and the light on her face, the rather dull and drab background, the presence of the walker, all speaks volumes. I know the photo and the meaning of the photo speaks to you, in your personal situation. And I see you, the photographer, in this image. Your photo brings tears to my eyes . . .

Peace.

Your comment made me take a second look at the photo, and see it in a different (and more meaningful) light. Thanks.

This is a very gracious statement and I appreciate it as I am sure the writer of the previous reply does.

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow