"I dream of wires"... are you kidding me?

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
barb_s
Contributing MemberPosts: 642Gear list
Like?
Re: "I dream of wires"... are you kidding me?
In reply to walkaround, Jul 17, 2013

walkaround wrote:

barb_s wrote:

I think the challenge wanted a "clutch of wires" and the host implied the more the better for the theme. The voters appear to have decided the artful shots were not nailing the real intent of the challenge description.

-- hide signature --

Barb

Can you understand why an outside observer not steeped in the rules worship of the dpr challenges might wonder why the winners were considered exceptional photographs?

I tend to believe most people that spectate a sport care about or read up on rules to know what's going on whether it's a football game, Motorsport, or something like a photo challenge. So, to me,  I would not care what a casual observer saw here if they didn't take the time to look at the criteria for the award.

Of course when we had the challenge of challenges  , that's where the casual observer should see the cream of the challenge crop, as far as photography goes.

just my opinion here.   And BTW, I liked your Hitchcock like view of the birds on wires too.  I was trying to give a reason on why the  crazy wire photo's were at the top.

-- hide signature --

Barb

barb_s's gear list:barb_s's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow