Anybody else here had their nose broken?

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 18,435Gear list
Like?
Anybody else here had their nose broken?
Jul 17, 2013

I ask because I don't think many have, because if they had they'd understand the force required and the immediate after effects. In my case it was many years ago in fight and I was overpowering someone when another guy came from behind and smashed me in the face before I even knew he was there. I was immediately dazed and my eyes were watering profusely, I was also very confused as to what had happened. Fortunately the altercation ended there and I was able to recover, I also did not go to the hospital and subsequently had two black eyes as a result of the injury, my nose has never been reset. Now I understand how George Zimmerman must have felt when he had his nose broken, especially his reaction to such an assault. To my shame I've also broken someone else's nose, so I know a bit about the force required to do it. When people dismiss this assault as a little horse play, or a bit of fisticuffs, they have no idea what they are talking about, getting your nose broken takes significant violence and is not a nice experience, trust me, if you don't believe me then try if for yourself.

-- hide signature --

667....neighbour of the beast.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow