Why mirrorless over dslr?

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,363
Like?
Re: Why mirrorless over dslr?
In reply to Ubilam, Jul 17, 2013

Ubilam wrote:

Or, vice versa? Please educate me. State the benefits/cons of both ONLY if you have used both types to compare. Thanks!

-- hide signature --

"Hey, don't blame me."

mirrorless

* no dust spots getting caught on internal part of viewfinder (as is more common with DSLRs in my experience)

* no slow autofocus in 'live view' mode (& no clunky mirror flip in 'live view' at all)

* 100% live view all the time, as you'd expect from your friendly compact cam or phone.

* saving some grams in body and/or lenses in most cases; allowing smaller bodies (a disadvantage as much as an advantage sometimes, depending on the size of your lens or tastes)

* the opportunity to miss out on some DSLR lenses that might be cheaper or better than what's offered for your platform

* the opportunity to buy reasonably-priced and over-priced lens adaptors

* the opportunity to run out of battery quicker

* the opportunity to see longer black-outs between shots than with an average DSLR

* the opportunity to have richer info displayed on the electronic viewfinder or LCD without flipping the clunky mirror, including magnified view when manual focusing

* the opportunity to be annoyed at the electronic viewfinder in areas its not quite as good as expected or desired;

* the opportunity to not see subtle details in low-light as well as you can with an optical viewfinder

* the opportunity to see bright 'gained-up' images overexposed or otherwise blocky and indistinct against the black night when the job could be done better on an optical viewfinder (moon shots, lights on buildings at night, etc).

* the opportunity to take advantage of great mirrorless price-cuts as the manufacturers panic to move stock

* the opportunity to use electronic shutters on some models mean quiet pic-taking is an option

* the opportunity to turn up your nose at DSLR users, even if that means turning your nose up at yourself while using your mirrorless

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
+1New
SizeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow