Image Quality - X-E1 or D7100

Started Jul 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
NTNphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Re: Image Quality - X-E1 or D7100
In reply to kcamacho11, Jul 17, 2013

kcamacho11 wrote:

A question for X-E1 users (or X-Pro 1 as well for that matter, since it is the same sensor).....

I will be shooting Jpeg only with my X-E1. It will be my main travel camera during trips and family vacations, so I will not be doing any serious post-processing.

I read about the Film Simulations that Fuji offers in these cameras and I wanted to ask if any of you use them and should I also tweak the Color or Sharpness settings, or do the Jpeg's come out plenty sharp in the standard setting?

I shoot jpeg and raw so I have both options, but I tweak all the settings in jpeg. I turn the NR down -2 and usually turn the highlight tone down the shadow tone up and the color and sharpness up a notch. I know a lot of folks seem to prefer turning the shadows down, but if exposed properly I like the way the deeper shadows look.

It's all a matter of trying a few out and seeing what you like I guess

NTNphoto's gear list:NTNphoto's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Nikon Df Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow